Rainbow Salad

 SUMMMMMEEEEERRRRRR!!! That was this dish screaming summer in your face. 

This is me pushing my preconceived boundaries of breakfast once again.  You may be asking yourself why I eat so much more breakfast than anything else.  Well that is because I once lived in a time that was easy, relaxed and full of sleep.  Now I wake up at 6am Monday through Friday and mainly persist on Luna Bars and leftovers.  But it is totally worth it seeing as I'm going to a farm everyday! I will take the sacrifice of lazy weekday brunch for free fresh farm produce. Anyways...


Combine ribboned Zucchini and Carrots, shredded Beets, Toasted Almonds, chopped Parsley and Mint, Orange Champagne Vinegar, Grape seed Oil, Salt, Pepper, Agave, and some Citrus (Lemon, Orange, or even Pineapple would work really well).

I add the beets last so that they don't die the whole salad pink.  Then just gently fork them in until barely combined.  I ate this with breads and spreads!! That there on the left is a faux smoked salmon spread made from white beans, smoked paprika, dulse flakes and many other standard stuff and things.  Then we just have some apple honey butter.  The most exciting part is the dense, crusty Euro bread with sunflower seeds that I finally found at this International market and bakery.  It's like I'm reliving the good days when I could just take off to Germany whenever the hell I want...that one time anyways.  Oh well!

Comments

Popular Posts