Ceasah and the G- Knots

 "It as yummy."
"I wish I hadn't fallen asleep"
"We need to use onions."

Here's a little project for y'all. We have a buddy food fest storm about to rain down.  This Caesar dressing is an 8.  9 if we had put more olive oil and salt. Served with house toasted rosemary-garlic croutons, radishes, black olives, nasturtiums, onion and tomato.  The croutons were made with When Pigs Fly bread which I bought at their restaurant in Maine, which is delicious.  We also picked up some chocolate bread.  Now my desire to bake bread has quadrupled.  It shall happen.

This makes enough dressing for one giant salad.  Nasturtiums are beautiful edible flowers that taste like arugula or watercress and are mostly used to raise the fanciness level of salads to the nines.  Apparently, they keep cucumber beetles and squash bugs away which I wish I knew before I planted my zucchini.  Ugh! Anyways, here is the recipe.


D(an)J(en)'s Caesar dressing:

1 thick slice of soft tofu
1/3 cup blanched cashews
1/2 tsp salt
white and black pepper
onion powder
2 cloves roasted garlic
1 tsp dulse
juice of one lemon and equal parts brine (I used brine from my homemade pickles which included apple cider vinegar, water, spices, salt)
zest of one lemon
squirt of agave
1/2 tsp horseradish powder
1/2 tsp worcestershire
2 stalks celery
olive oil to taste
1 1/2 Tb nooch

Blend baby blend! All the way to Alaska!


Not enough carbs? We gotchya covered.  Defrost that pizza dough in your fridge and let it RISE!  Cut into long strips, about 8 probably.  Make a mixture of olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, chili flakes, etc.  Brush each strip with a generous amount and then tie the two ends as if you were making the simplest knot in the books. Part one to tying your shoe.  Bake on a pizza stone for about 15 minutes, brushing with more olive oil mixture a couple of times.  The most exciting part about garlic knots is this sauce that I made with leftover green tomatoes I had from my fried g.t. experiment.  Check it!

Roasted Green tomato marinara for puffy, doughy "don't be a garlic-herb" knots!

2 large green tomatoes
2 sprigs rosemary
1 tsp tarragon
olive oil
salt
pepper
red pepper flakes
garlic

Roast at 350 degrees until done, maybe a half an hour.  Remove from oven, place the soon to be sauce in a bowl and immersion blend leaving some chunks.  Stir in fresh basil and parsley. Season accordingly.

In the background you will see a cucumber-lime basil soup. I doctored up this recipe from 1000 Vegetarian Recipes.  All it had was 3 cucumbers, a handful of lime basil, 1 cup of broth, 1 cup of mimicreme, 1 big clove of garlic, a small onion, a hefty pinch of dried dill, and some agave.  Yum!  Serve chilled duh.

More food soon! 

Comments

Popular Posts