Illness in the Air

There is something going around. It's in the air, and my mind.  It's in my house and my city.  It's in the weather and our lives.  Spring is Change.  With change comes that nuisance of adjustment after the shockwaves.  As in, I am getting sick.  Here is my game plan.

Teas

Kombucha, every day.
Tension Tamer, every night.
JP's healing tea, only when you can handle it.

Combine 2 slices of ginger, 2 slices of lemon, 1 clove of garlic, 10 mint leaves, a small pinch of cayenne pepper, 1 tsp of fenugreek, honey or agave, a cinnamon stick, pinch of sea salt, and either chamomile, or rooibos, or perhaps licorice root tea.  Brew with hot water.  Let steep for as long as you'd like. Reuse.

Greens

wheatgrass, come to Prana!
spirulina
juices of dark, leafy veggies and cucumber, celery, parsley, watercress

Soup

Vitamin C

lemons, citrus, hot peppers, superfoods, berries, cherries, papaya, guava, brussels sprouts, parsley, cilantro, thyme, etc.

Baths


Hot baths stimulate the immune system, just like sweating draws out toxins in our skin.  Try some ginger in your bath.  Or stick to the epsom salt.  I have also just recently heard of using raw apple cider vinegar. Ground up mustard seed is supposed to have detoxifying properties so I will definitely be trying that.

Be well!

Comments

Popular Posts