Holy Mole

No, I didn't make a mole...but that's a good recipe name for when I do. 

Really September? I wait all this time for you to come around and show your face, and when you do all I want to do is sleep and barricade myself in a room with boxes of knick-knackery, pen caps and papers I wrote 3 years ago? Every time I move, crisis mode ensues and I become completely debilitated for at least a week.  It's just such a tease because you think your whole life is going to change and if it did you might be able to deal with it, but probably not.  Then it doesn't change at all, and you find yourself just repeating the same habits in a different place except this time you don't even know where you put your cigarettes because you haven't figured out a convenient spot yet.  So I can't deal with that either.  My cats didn't even go through the predicted trauma of moving.  Very happy about that though. 

Ways to cope? Banana bread! But not just any bb, banana poppy bread with figs! I got the recipe out of the Chicago Diner cookbook and then added the dried figs to the mix.  Pretty good, dense and crusty.  Ate it with chocolate hazelnut spread and cloudberry jam, but not together. 



The pantry also helps...this is why I wanted the apartment.  If I knew that when we arrived the place would be a complete shithole with broken windows, and moldy bathrooms with monstrous exhaust fans that howl like the hellmouth, I probably still would have wanted it. 

Separate little nook and everything. Love!


Another post very shortly!

love,

jp

Comments

Popular Posts