Galloping Calimyrna Figs in a Chardonnay-Lavender Syrup

I found this recipe over at this vineyard's website! In my head it combined with this segment on Galloping Figs that I saw on Lydia's Italy.  So basically it was meant to be.  Galloping figs refers to a long simmering of figs in some kind of sugary sauce until they start popping and the sauce reduces to a nice syrup.  How cute!

I used a really great raw honey for this dessert (1/2 cup)
and a chardonnay (2 cups)
a tablespoon of dried lavendar flowers
10 calimyrna figs, the golden kind
and finally, a delicious sweet almond raw cheese that I fermented in the dehydrator
it was made out of almonds, brazil nuts, rejuvalac, dates, nutmeg, lemon juice and salt.

While the figs were galloping in the delicious sauce (which was for about an hour), I thinned out the almond cheese with a little bit of coconut milk.  Then I sliced each fig in half, stuffed with some mousse like almond cheese, and poured the lavender-chardonnay syrup all over! Garnish with mint!



Once I can find fresh figs, this is totally happening again. 
It is worth making this dish just for the aroma that floods your home.

Ciao bella,
jp

Comments

Popular Posts