ABC's with Papercut Zine Library

For all of ya'll who have not made it to Somerville's newly acquired Papercut zine library, check it! They have over 10,000 zines from all over the country with a selection of local zines for the Boston folk! The collective shares space in an art studio near Union Square. There are food zines, queers zines, personal and political shit, comics, a small media room where you can check out independent music and film, etc., etc. etc.

http://www.papercutzinelibrary.org/wordpress/

I volunteered here yesterday. I had sort of a zen-Pagan experience as i encircled myself with A-Z as cute little queer high school girls hopped over and around me. 3 people came in within a 5 hour period, but no one seemed to mind. There is plenty of organizing to be done.

Support a local anarchist collective and check out some homemade published works. I really wish I had gone here when I was writing my thesis (ew I can't believe I just said that word) because all of the materials I used were there in zine form! Way cooler than book or html form.

PLUS! YOU GET TO MAKE YOUR OWN LIBRARY CARD. Membership is free but they ask for a sliding scale 2-10 dollar donation.



Currently checked out:
a lesbianfeminist anthology: Amazon Expedition

Stories Care Forgot: an Anthology of New Orleans Zines

Ride the Snake: Not a Fluke, no. 2 (local zine)

Comments

Popular Posts