quickie lunch

In typical me fashion, I took a wonderful simple thing that I was reminded of by this fancy blog and then took the square root and multiplied that by 47. 

Got some bean thread noodles, purple and green cabbage, miso soup mix, carrots, scallions, mung bean sprouts, firm silken tofu, chili oil, sesame oil, a ton of cilantro, sesame seeds. 



Poured boiling water over it all and tried to eat this whole bowl.  Failed, thank goodness.


Overdid it a little, but it's cool.  I probably would have finished it all if I had a miso that I liked better. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted the ramen pack style udon noodles and felt so guilty about the msg that I hastily threw together the weirdest broths in the book.  Gotta get back to the simplistic sometimes. 

jp

Comments

  1. ha! i saw the ingredients for the recipe that inspired you and i wondered if it was sasha's blog... and so it was! i knew you'd love it. you guys both make me HUNGRY.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts