Tofu eggs and sauce

My mother made a pot of sauce on Sundays.  A day or two afterwards, we would get a very special treat for breakfast or dinner.  She would drop an egg into a pot of leftover sauce, poach it so it's still runny, and then serve it to us with crusty italian bread.  Best secondary meal ever!  I was trying to reinvoke this wonderful memory I have with this recipe. 

I used some firm silken tofu and made a little scramble out of it in the middle of a pan of sauce.  This was just real simple with some black salt, dill or parsley, pepper, nooch and turmeric with Daiya.


Spoon a bunch on some yummy bread and there ya go! It's a wonderful combination.


I'm going to experiment with poached tofu egg in the traditional mom fashion soon.  But this is a good start to satisfy my nostalgic hunger.  Keep a look out for very exciting recipe improvement! Yum. 

love,

jp

Comments

Popular Posts