Pastina-lina- bo-bina

Tiny little stars, oh my, micro pastas you bring joy to my life.  When I was a wee one I ate pastina all the time.  Real simple like too. Just pasta, salt, pepper, lots of Parmesan, a little bit of butter and some milk or cream.  I'm aware that this is kind of an odd detail to include, but I also used to keep the pastina in the pot for like an hour after it was done and wait until it was all congealed and super thick.  Then, nom nom nom nom.  I don't know why... Nowadays I make a yummy vegan healthy version of this when I can't muster up the strength to create a super special meal.  It's simple and doesn't look like much but psh, pasta is always delicious.  And nostalgic.

So all you need is:

pastina (actual pastina is a lot smaller than these stellinas but sometimes Star Market doesn't carry the real stuff), earth balance, salt, pepper, nooch, ground flax seed, rice milk and then a few ingredients that I think make it fun.  PEAS! SUNFLOWER SEEDS! TOMATOES!

Boil the peas with the pastina, drain and return to pot with all ingredients.  Heat through and add some red pepper flakes if you so desire.  Or smother in Colon Cleanser mustard hot sauce! YYYEEEEHHAAWWWW.


Just a little lunch sharing. You know.

love,

jp

Comments

Popular Posts