Six Words: Squash, Swiss Steak, Kale, Miso and Ron

I proclaim Saturday as Ron Pickarski day! Since I have a lot of time on this particular weekend day, it is usually fully dedicated to at least 3 different segments of a meal.  And because my stock of Boston Organics produce is still plentiful, Pickarski's Friendly Foods is totally doable.  I made three of his recipes here. 




Check this out and if the mere thought of eating all of these beautiful foods does not make you smile, then you can feel free to frack off because you are clearly off your rocker.  No no no, I don't mean that. Clearly there are many people who are not into tofu, miso, or dark greens and that's okay with me.  I just do not share meals with them.


Featured items:

Tofu Swiss Steak.  For people who are not huge fans of tofu texture, this might be a good option for you.  By lightly pan frying firm tofu with tamari and then baking it smothered in a delicious but simple tomato sauce doused with mushrooms and peppers, the flavor is absorbed and then locked in without making the tofu mushy or slimy.  

Nectared Butternut Squash.  Delicate, luscious and simple.  Combining squash, onions, orange juice and miso is totally out of control.  Again, I remind you of the miso squash soup I posted a while ago.  For whatever reason, squash plus miso plus sugar equals candy.

Steamed Kale with a Lemon Miso Sauce, carrots and daikon.  Grasshopper meal reincarnate. 

And of course, my favorite Harvest Grain mix just to make sure I had a sufficient amount of food for 5 people.   

A millions times yum! Take that Oprah!

<3 jp


Comments

  1. That harvest grain mix is the shit, I love it! And I want to have this tofu swiss steak...

    You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts