Secret Weapon: The Breakfast Pastry


This is another not-so-secret weapon that I will most certainly include on the menu of my small, collectively run, non-profit vegan cafe/counseling center.  Yup...the breakfast pastry.  This one is inspired by a delicious little treat that I consumed in Amsterdam called a ragout crossaint.  I don't really know what that means, but here is mine!

Is this not what you want on almost every morning, whether you are in a rush or have time to indulge?  The insides: eggy tofu with onion, tahini and caraway, beet greens, lupini beans and smokey shitake spread.  Topped with sesame seeds! Made with puff pastry.  No I did not make the puff pastry myself, because honestly even I don't have time for that shit.  And there is not a lot going on in my day! Luckily, the eastern euro market down the street sells it real cheap! Thanks Berezka!

The possibilities are endless.  Next time we travel the sweet and fruity road to full morning tummies!  I wish I had that right now because currently I am tuned in to my regularly scheduled "what the hell am I doing with my stupid life?" programming.  Ugh! I could use a treat! Fellow cooks and nourishers out there, does anyone ever make YOU a treat instead of the other way around?  If so, thank them!

lots of love,

jp

Comments

Popular Posts