Boyfriend pancakes taste better than regular pancakes

Ah, when it happens it is absolutely lovely! I have a torrid relationship with the pancake.  I can't seem to get it right.  They require some magical touch, for the chef to have an affinity with the essence of the pancake.  I do not have that.  Aa definitely does.  We have recently been serving up ployes.  Honestly, I like them better than the regular old thing.  Crepe-like and bubbly, moist yet flat.  Traditionally prepared without eggs or dairy.  What more can you ask of a breakfast item? No substitutions required! I just love it.  Maybe it's the Parisian in me. Nah.


Short stack with some strawberry rhubarb preserves, orange slices and some fresh mint! This was much appreciated as you may have guessed.

I am in New Jersey for the week and will probably be eating out more than cooking for myself.  Although every time I get home, my mother's fridge is more and more vegan friendly.  It took a while, but just seeing the produce drawer full of my favorites is pure love.  Some of you may relate to this.  The year old pint of tofutti ice cream makes me equally as happy. 

love,

jp

Comments

  1. i relate to the produce drawer full of favorites! my kath is slowly coming around; we'll see how good of a job she's done in preparation for my arrival next month.

    ps. i miss you

    space cadet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts