Things I want because I'm a slave to the system

 It hurts to come to terms with the fact that even though I consciously try to not desire products of any kind, my only purpose as our current world sees it is to be a consumer. So in a way, I guess I can't escape it.  YOU WIN CAPITALIST HEGEMONY, I do want things.   I guess the important part is that I don't actually buy everything I want.  Desire is usually enough for me.  Although I have managed to convince myself that buying clothes and other 'stuff' from thrift stores makes me exempt from the consumer fetishism that plagues us.  It's just not true.  But it relieves the guilt. 


A Cat Lady's Dream


This is totally terrifying and awesome.  How many cats can fit on this? Hoarder status for sure.


Revolutionary Stencils

My future room will be decorated with these!



Circus Art
Ever since I took this class called Animals and Ideology, I have loved silly circus things while still being extremely critical and disapproving of circuses themselves.  Seriously, the act of viewing the torture of captive animals for the amusement of children and their oblivious parents is perverse and I will have no part of it! But, this little cage is adorable.  I like that the elephant could theoretically run free through the separated bars.  Thanks Etsy!



SO WHAT IT'S FROM HOTTOPICSO WHAT, it's from hottopic
YES, I still look at clothes from hottopic.  I don't care what you think. Once in a while, there are some really cute things.  It's also interesting to see how all of the models have changed so much over the years.  Hottopic was always lame, but at least in high school they had models in every size.

 Sexy Stuff!

Absolutely adorable vintage style stockings! This would really help my thigh-high problem




While we are on the subject of sexy, I've decided to rekindle my interest in the classic sexy toy...

As with every other thing in the world, this vibrator is available on Amazon! Of course!

The Hitachi Magic Wand! Not just a vibrator but also just your run of the mill massager! My favorite part? You never have to experience the moment in which you should be feeling total ecstasy and instead you are feeling rage at the double AA's that ran out of power just in the nick of time! Plug it in baby!

Okay so these are not the worst items to covet! Art, sex toys, and pretty dresses?  Sue me.

Over and Out,

jp

Comments

Popular Posts