Bleeding Heart Risotto

Finally made beet risotto after all these years of seeing it in cookbooks.  This one was pretty standard. Next time, instead of beet cubes, I want to chop them up finely and have the risotto be even in consistancy. 


Also gave a go at my mom/great-grandmother's recipe for cauliflower.  It literally just involves cauliflower and vinegar...yet I can never seem to get it right.  I won't give it away, but if I could manage to balance water, steam and crispiness in one pan...I'd be successful.  I suspect this will take many years and that makes me happy.  At least throughout time, there will be a few things that stick around.  Food serves this purpose very well.  I think this is partially the reason for my attachment to the edible realm.


Beet hands


The transition....from rice love to bleeding hearts








I added a combination of fresh mint and parsley. Yum!


Pre-consumption ceremony



Topped with a Nut Parm, this time made from cashews

I've been cooking and not blogging.  

<3 jp

Comments

  1. fyi, i puree my beets when making this, and it works purrr-fectly.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooohhh YES! that is exactly what I want to do. I bet it is even more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts