Body, What do you need today?

Ya know, for someone who eats so well I sure do get sick a lot.  I blame New England weather.  If I had health insurance I would ask someone about it.  But for some reason, sending in my Mass Health forms escapes me every day.  Maybe that's what I will get myself for Christmas...

My body's desires oscillate from fried foods to fresh, crisp veggies.  Some woman at work the other day thanked me for helping her listen to her tummy.  It was totally weird, but I understood what she was sayin.  This is always what I eat when I am sick or getting sick.  It's basically a homemade version of what you can get at Life Alive. 


We have...

shredded carrots, thinly sliced watermelon radishes, boiled beets, sauteed brussels sprout leaves, roasted acorn squash puree, a garlic-ginger tahini sauce with Braggs, togarashi, agave and almond milk,  with toasted almonds

over a warm nest of quinoa

YES!!! The sauteed brussels sprout leaves are my favorite.  I peeled each layer off of the sprouts, heated glug of olive oil over high heat, flash-fried the leaves with salt and pepper until slightly crispy and there ya go! This is a good way to eat brussels sprouts without their natural (and oftentimes wonderful) intensity

I will now continue my X-Files marathon. I fucking love Scully.

<3 jp

Comments

Popular Posts