Tofoos in the Basket!

I know, this is not some kind of stroke of genius.  Actually, it's pretty silly.  But super fun and easy!  As some may know, I hold a certain reverence for eggs.  Besides their weird and amazing existence as reproductive secretions which is why I don't eat them, they are also a culinary mystery to me.  Both of these forms of respect for the egg just reinforce my intense desire to leave them the fuck alone.  Of course, me wanting to leave eggs to their natural cycle has absolutely no influence on what actually happens to them...but alas this is the failure of the vegan.  So thanks world, for making me a failure.  :-)

Anyways, eggs in a basket, eggs in toast...whatever you called it.  What did you call it? 

I marinated the tofoos in a mixture of chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, white pepper, black salt, almond milk, flax seed, cayenne pepper, agave and turmeric.


I actually cooked this as a sauce over low heat just to evenly combine everything and kick the sometimes bitter taste that chickpea flour has.  Cut out a tofu sized hole in your favorite bread, spread some earth balance on there, and heat a pan on medium heat with some Pam. 


Place the coated tofoo pieces into their toast blankies and transfer to the pan with a big spatula.  Flip when browned.


Serve with some extra eggy-sauce and optional veggies.  I used roasted peppers and some chopped chives.  This could easily turn into a cheap easy florentine brunch if you just added some tomatoes and spinach!



I also had some extra tempeh concoction that I had made a while ago and wanted to experiment in a crazy bacon recipe.  All I will say is that I think I'm on to something but the end product was not very delicious.  Eventually, there will be a mushroom, teff flour, tempeh dough involved.  This is what it looked like in its primary stage.


My disappointed was cured with a trip to the Other Side this weekend for Brunch.  Yes, this was less than 24 hours after I ate the aformentioned brunch.  I got the diner breakfast which consisted of tofu scramble and Daiya, tempeh bacon, homefries and toast.  Nothin fancy, but it was quite a satisfying meal! Aa and I ate for 20 bucks too! Not too shabby.  I'll definitely be going back! UGH I LOVE BRUNCH SO MUCH!


Sorry about the photo! I was too scared of using flash in public. Back to watching Democracy Now and seeing governments squirm over this WikiLeaks fiasco.

love,

me

Comments

Popular Posts