Baba Ganoush T-Scram

This one makes me feel really brilliant...although I'm sure it exists elsewhere, at least in my head I consider the following recipe slightly creative.  Like Babs sang it, don't rain on my parade. 

Anyways! All of my acquaintances get to go to a show in Worcester and I get to go to work. Blergh. I'm mostly sad about missing out on a fantastic lunch at Loving Hut!  Solemnly, I prepared a tofu scramble for one.  Haven't done that in a while.  It kinda feels nice to only serve myself and nobody else, a direct relationship between the producer and consumer, one in the same.  I say all the right things to myself about the flavors and consistancy, make all the right mouth noises, and don't have to expect anyone else to do the dishes.  The fact that I relish in this lonliness makes me scared for my future self identity. So here's to cat ladies!


Baba Ganoush T-Scram for One!

Ingredients:

3 slices of eggplant, about a half a cup
5 tiny baby cloves of garlic
olive oil, salt for roasting and sauteeing
1/4 tsp cumin
1 Tb mirin
1/2 tsp black salt
dash of cayenne
2 tsp tahini
1 tsp lemon juice
splash o braggs
black pepper to taste
1/4 cup of diced green pepper
1/2 package of firm silken tofu
1 1/2 tsp of fresh dill or parsley
Preheat your oven to 375F
Splash some olive oil and sea salt onto the eggplant slices
Wrap the cloves of garlic in some tin foil with some olive oil, sea salt and pepper
Roast for 30 minutes

Sautee the onions and peppers in some olive oil over medium high heat.  Add the tofu by crumbling into the pan, let some of the water cook off.  In the meantime, combine the cumin, black salt, cayenne, black pepper, tahini, mirin together in a small cup.  Add it to the tofu after a couple of minutes.  Also add the roasted eggplant into the pan after you've chopped it up.  Turn up the heat if the tofu doesn't seem to be browning.  Once it does begin to brown, add the lemon juice and roasted garlic cloves, cook for another minute or two, and there ya go! Add the chopped dill afterwards and enjoy!

Have a wonderful morning!

<3 jp

Comments

Popular Posts