My Little Linguini

Super quick dinner for one! That will also make you feel really fancy and if you are Italian, maybe more Italian but I'm not sure how much longer I can keep up this farce.  I am cultureless, heritageless, so leave me to pasta and wine.  Also, I always eat two portions of pasta...even though one serving is one cup.  Sue me. Look! so simple and cheap:


1 1/2-2 cups of cooked linguini, with 3 Tb of cooking liquid reserved (which should be salty water and if it's not, you are crazy)
3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
a hefty pinch of red pepper flakes
1/4 cup chopped parsley
some toasted pine nuts
glug o' olive oil
a tiny splash of white wine, chardonnay is good for cooking

Set your cooked pasta aside.  In the same pot, throw in some olive oil over medium heat.  Add the garlic, sea salt and red pepper flakes for just like 30 seconds.  Add a splash of white wine, again cook for only 30 seconds.  Throw in the pasta, parsley, cooking liquid and pine nuts.  Toss to combine.  If it's dry, add more cooking liquid or olive oil.  Fresh cracked pepper on top, a tiny cup of wine and you are all set and very full.  I could eat this every night.


<3 jp

Comments

Popular Posts