Eating out is fun sometimes

I am a huge proponent of cooking for yourself.  But every few weeks, I get the urge to recoil from my kitchen and go out into the food world, frequenting my favorite spots and discovering new ones at least 3 times.  That's what happened this week.  Sorry for the sparse posting! But it's potluck season and I'll be cooking up a storm.  I absolutely cannot eat any more Veggie Planet work food and if I go back to Azama one more time, I'll become obsessed and every meal will consist of only grilled pineapple. 

Calm down, here's a salad to hold you over.




Locally farmed baby salad greens, pea sprouts, shredded carrots, shredded beets, and slivered almonds, golden raisins with a homemade apple-pepper vinaigrette with apple juice, grape seed oil, white wine vinegar, minced red onion, ground flax seed, sea salt and roughly cracked peppercorns.

And you know what, it was delicious. I only eat salads at work, but then I realized that I'm sick of them and can make way better ones at home.  A vegan caesar every single day is a little excessive...and I hate romaine lettuce.  So maybe I'll order another bag of these greens from B.O.

This was the latest box. Kale, collard greens, dandelion, carrots, pea sprouts, turnips, beets, cauliflower, cabbage, cranberries and more. Beautiful! I actually only order these boxes because Kahlo loves to hide in them so much.





Dinner tonight, Creole Black Beans and formerly posted Collard Greens recipe, again.  Will post soon.

jp

Comments

Popular Posts